Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Camera!!!!

And here she is!


Sony Cyber-shot DSC W290, 12 MP, 5X zoom, 720p 30fps movie mode and a host of other crap.
Not too much in the way of advanced control options, but I don't understand how to use that stuff anyway, I'm more apt to use the various automatic options they designed for us idiots.


- Music

"Sweet Child of Mine" - Guns n' Roses.
I wish I could explain why this is my favorite song. The only explanation I've been able to come up with that makes any sense is that perhaps I'm distracted by the very fact of the difficulty I've had in explaining why I like the song so much.
Did that make sense? I'm trying to say it defies any easy explanation.
Perhaps it's the guitar-work of Slash? He seems to be able to play a simple melody in a complex way. I'm sure I could figure out how to play a simple version of this on a keyboard, but I know I'd never be able to do justice to the complex guitar phrases.
But it can't just be Slash, because I have never gotten the same degree of satisfaction out of listening to his 'Snake Pit' or even Velvet Revolver. I like Axl Rose. He's a great rock vocalist. One of the best there ever was in my humble opinion. I'm not really qualified to judge all of the technical merits of a professional musicians work, but I know what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment